PDA

View Full Version : Sorcerer's Ring

Lycender
02-24-2006, 04:57 PM
To all the BLM having this ring, i found out yesterday that you don't actually need to be in yellow hp for it to work, wich makes it kinda nice.

Here's how it works.

My base HP with no gear is 772.

So 772 -30 (Rostrum Pumps) -20 (Penitents Rope) +10 (Prism Cape) = 732
Note : You don't count the Zenith mitts in the formula, they are part of something else.

Ok now for the ring to work , you need less then 75% of ur hp wich means 732 x 75% = 549 so if you go down to 548 you have yellow HP.

Here is my gear of HP down gear:

Elecrtum Ring -20
Elecrtum Ring -20
Black Cotehardie -25
Blue Cape -15 ( Wich in reallity is -25 because of Prism Cape)
Zeniths Crown -50
Zenith Mitts -50

Subtract everything : 732 - 20 -20 - 25 -25 -50 -50 = 542

So now i have yellow HP when i put back all my regular gear +AF2 wich means the Ring has latent active.

The real trick is if you nuke with your Zenith Mitts, the convert HP to MP still makes the game still think that you have less then 75% of your max hp but you do not have the yellow hp.

Just thought i'd let all the BLM know this, but maybe some of you already knew this... i learned it last night and tried it and it works!!!

Scionith
02-24-2006, 05:51 PM
Neat if that really works. I knew all about using the swap gear to lower your MP to yellow, but I've never heard of the zenith mitts' convert HP->MP not counting. Thanks Lycender.

Banon
02-24-2006, 06:44 PM
No kidding ^^ I also had no idea that the Mitts HP -> MP effect didn't count. I'd pretty much only been using this for the solo ENM lol, because I couldn't fit the gear swap in one macro (damn my previous lack of interest in Zenith gear). Congratulations Lyc, you're my hero now :p

Halon50
02-24-2006, 09:36 PM
Oh wow! So theoretically a BLM can wear full Zenith and not swap gear, and latent on ring will be active? Must try!

Scionith
02-24-2006, 09:52 PM
Haha... I'm totally calling dibs on all Zenith from now on! I'd love to nuke with Zenith Pants and a Dalmatica, I'd be the most leet BLM evah! :D

(omg I'm not serious why would a BLM want those pieces of crap?)

Lycender
02-24-2006, 09:57 PM
Would probably works Halon but the problem is you lose all your good nukign gear lol

And Banon you can have only like 3 pieces to switch if you had 3 extra zenith pieces or a vivian ring, so thats not too much extra gear.

Banon
02-25-2006, 12:43 AM
if you had 3 extra zenith pieces or a vivian ring

lol... yep, if only.

Cyrus
06-13-2006, 07:35 AM
This is a step by step guide for the rest of us noobs.

http://www.overkill-ls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=525

Civet
06-13-2006, 04:57 PM
I can't remember if I ever posted about this on here, but I figured here's a good place for people who are curious:
This same goes for BRD lvl 50 ring, Minstrel's Ring. If you ever have a PT where you benefit from very fast casting (ie. weapons PT), carry Venom potions to get yourself yellow HP. I forget the exact length of casts, but the longer songs like Ballad Minuet etc. ended cast at like 45%? Basically like a normal Elegy cast time. And Elegy/Lullaby was almost as quick as a Dia cast would be. Try it out it's really neat esp. with RDM sub Rostrums etc.

Lycender
10-18-2006, 06:22 PM
bump