Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Update notes

Zumi is offline I totally want to tank Genbu in a wedding dress <3 Posting Dynamis Lord

Update notes

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/update...h1/detail.html

PLD actually gets some nice stuff in this update

The chance of blocking with a shield in battle has been increased.
    Shields now block more damage.

The following features have been added to the paladin job:
    Shield Mastery: Grants bonus TP when blocking an attack with a shield.
    Auto Refresh: Gradually restores MP.

Tyler is offline Aggro-chan himself Posting Dynamis Lord
    sweet! do we need to spend merits to get? or we have already? and can you merit them to improve them if we already have? Q_Q_

The amount of TP accumulated when attacking a monster has changed for both the player and the monster
    Q_Q

and the change with the thingy where if your claim doesnt steal hate, it doesnt claim is going to make it pretty impossible to steal KB wont it? lets get back to KB killing!

The MPK claiming thing is just weird. So you can provoke a white HNM and not claim it unless you have more hate than the party currently with claim. So pretty much as long as you use blockaid, and the HNM doesn't go white twice, it's impossible to claim. (The first time going white they could provoke it, and then start building up enough hate to actually claim it the second time)

That's a really nice change. Especially on stuff like King Behemoth. <3

And wow, that's some nice changes for shields. It makes me even more scared of Paladins with Aegis. And I wonder what level PLDs will get those abilities, how much the TP bonus will be, if the TP bonus is based on shield size, and how much the auto refresh will be. Regardless, those are all buffs to Paladins.

The other change that could be freaking huge is:
    "The amount of TP accumulated when attacking a monster has changed for both the player and the monster"
    I really wonder what they did. If they took away the TP floor I'm gonna cry. Q_Q

"Ranged accuracy will no longer be determined by the distance from the target when using the ranger ability“Sharpshot."
    So it's just accuracy, not damage.

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/update...d3/detail.html

Cool details on the new jobs.

Hory crap.

I want to see the rest of the set. Q_Q

Blue magic spells can be set by selecting the “Set Spells” option after choosing “Blue Magic” under “Magic” in the main menu. Please be aware that any time blue magic spells are set, the blue mage will be unable to cast any spells for 1 minute.

wow, even with the one minute delay, that makes BLU a really versatile job that could probably change roles mid battle(assuming hnm battle)

"The following items can now be bundled into a quiver or pouch:
    iron bullets/kabura arrows/silver bullets/acid bolts/sleep bolts/blind bolts/bloody bolts/venom bolts/holy bolts/scorpion arrows/sleep arrows/demon arrows/spartan bullets" Woooo

"Unlike Dynamis and Limbus, multiple parties can enter separate instances of an Assault area at the same time. However, if there are too many parties using an area for Assault, you may be unable to enter for a time."
    Woooo

Radav is offline Vrtra food (`,..,`) Posting Chlevnik
    So did I read that right? Can a corsair and a bard combine to give the party 2 songs and a corsair effect or is it only 1 song and 1 corsair buff?

Puppetmaster sounds like a very cool job to mess around with.

Corsair doesn't excite me that much.

Blue Mage looks like alot of fun.

I'm excited. Time to save the world yet again!

The amount of TP accumulated when attacking a monster has changed for both the player and the monster
    Definitely one of the most interesting things I have seen. I already started a list of the various ways I'm going to test this lol

Here's a few questions I plan on testing if they don't give us more info:

- How much TP does an offensive spell give the mob? Is it still the same no matter what or does it scale based on damage somehow?

- How much TP do melee weapons give the mob? Are they at all now proportional to damage or is it still based on delay?

- Can thieves still take advantage of the 5% TP floor for faster TP gain with daggers that go below 180 delay?

- How much TP is generated from multi-hit weaponskills?

I'm taking requests if you guys have other ideas. I still have the dream that one day the statement "you can't do that, it gives the mob too much TP" will fade into a distant memory, even though it's probably unlikely.

Corsair is totaly what im guna be!
    2 brd songs 2 corsair things 1brd song 1 dice if your a brd/cor i think
    1st thing im doing is drinking a posion pot then benadictioning it away!~

Radav is offline Vrtra food (`,..,`) Posting Chlevnik
    If you haven't read the beseiged notes you should check them out. That sounds like alot of fun. NPCs can be taken prisoner which can result in the loss access for the AH, shops, etc. lol Oh no's you noobs let the AH guy get captured! Now we gotta get some key and rescue him from jail. AHAHA. Fun fun fun!

Quote Originally Posted by roku
    Corsair is totaly what im guna be!
    omg I TOTALLY already dibbed Corsair as my next job, evil twin!
    Puppets for you mwahahaha!

im cleary the good twin. im nice

Ya, I like the fact that besieged isn't something that can just be ignored. It should be really interesting at first while people are still learning the ropes, leading to NPC losses and missing content in the city. People banding together to open content and save the city? All right!

New York Museum of Natural History - Subbasement
    How much TP does an offensive spell give the mob? Is it still the same no matter what or does it scale based on damage somehow?
    If they scaled it to damage then BLMs wouldn't give even half the tp we normally do to mobs like wyrms and such where we land like 1/5 spells. Scaled tp would probably make fights like Ouryu a lot easier since he would consequently get tp slower from our dropping bombz on him all the time and so wouldn't spam his bullshit CRAP so much. Thusly, BLM would be even more jawsome than before and half the population would go apeshit about it and the other half would level BLM and since neither of those scenarios are anything less than totally gay I hope they don't scale spell damage to TP.

Unless they make it so that the base increase is 10% (for doing anything, including completely resisted spells), and tp gain goes up from there (30% for an unresisted spell!). That would totally SUCK.

omg new jobs XD!

i want to test!!!!!!

corsair looks dumb ; ;!

oh what lvl does pld get the auto refresh?

Quote Originally Posted by Bartuc
    Unless they make it so that the base increase is 10% (for doing anything, including completely resisted spells), and tp gain goes up from there (30% for an unresisted spell!). That would totally SUCK.
    Yeah, the first part of your post was the positive, but this sheds some light on the negative. I've thought a long time about this issue and I can honestly not think of any way to fix the problem at hand without either screwing BLM or screwing melee.

It seems like any way that you change the rate at which mobs gain TP is going to help some people and maybe hurt others. I think the best example would be comparing a 500 dmg BLM nuke which gives the mob 8% (or is it 10%, I forget) to a dagger swing from a THF for 20 dmg that gives the mob 8% TP (player TP + 3). In the BLM case, they're doing 62.5 damage per TP given to the mob while the THF is doing 2.5 damage per TP given to the mob.

So if TP given to the mob were somehow proportional to the damage done, I could see BLM getting pretty screwed. Obviously a linear curve would fail, since if you were to say .1% TP per DMG, BLM would give the mob 50 TP while the THF's dagger swing would only give it 5 (2+3 assuming pTP+3 is still active).

I'd expect it to be a some sort of curve so higher damaging nukes aren't penalized so heavily that people wouldn't want to use them.

Anyways, all this is just thinking out loud. I think one interesting way which is obviously not the case in this patch would be to do away with mob TP all together and have the TP moves be more a factor of time and perhaps enmity level to target (just to make it more interesting). I see the need for player TP but it seems like mobs had TP because it was a convenient way to deal with their special attacks.

Thing is, that's not even the only parameter governing their special attacks already so the need to have mob TP is even less than it may seem. Abilities that are definitely TP attacks have been seen going off at somewhat random times before, proving that there's also quite a bit of slack in the binding between mob TP and special ability execution.

My favorite example was once (and only once) during my BST career, I had a bomb Self-Destruct after only getting hit a couple of times while pulling it. I was in Garlaige exping there, put up Sneak, ran into the 4 bomb room, used Fight, ran back a little ways (5 seconds running time), used Heel and waited. And waited. Then rather than seeing a bomb I saw exp show up on my screen. o.O

Lycender is offline Angry little frenchman of DOOM Posting Seiryu
    Only 1 thing to say

DIBS on Yigit Set !!!!!!!!!!!

I don't care what the other pieces are i dibbed it

Wow... Puppetmaster looks really fun! Q_Q They let you customize your automan so much..... I wanna make mine a nuker he'll be a mini-me!!!!

The conditions under which the following notorious monsters appear have been altered:
    Castle Oztroja: Mee Deggi the Punisher, Quu Domi the Gallant
    Sea Serpent Grotto: Pahh the Gullcaller, Worr the Clawfisted, Novv the Whitehearted, Zuug the Shoreleaper
    Take that, RMT campers! I hope it's something like 21-24hr spawn now. Haha. Or even better, they only spawn if the character who kill the ph has been in the zone less than 1hr.

Job AbilitiesCorsair's Roll
    @_@ POOFY RUFFLES HERE I COME!!
    "And remember, nothing says 'Good Job!' like a firm, open-palm slap on the behind!"

Quote Originally Posted by Halon50
    Take that, RMT campers! I hope it's something like 21-24hr spawn now. Haha. Or even better, they only spawn if the character who kill the ph has been in the zone less than 1hr.
    Seriously. It'd be nicer if the mobs don't even pop if they are in the zone lol

Treasure and Baobao have been living in SSG for like two years now camping that shit. It's cool that they finally did *something* even though that something will probably hurt legit players too. ;p

Turn them into HNMs and boost their drop rates and decrease their repop rates.

Or better yet, retards can stop buying gil.

Quote Originally Posted by Scionith
    Turn them into HNMs and boost their drop rates and decrease their repop rates.

Or better yet, retards can stop buying gil.
    The gil-sending restriction was a great step in the right direction! They can on that fabulous RMT-combative idea by restricting it so that you can only trade 1000 gil per day with any single person. This way, it will take RMT 10,000 days to trade the 10mil gil someone can buy and RMT will go away forever !!!

Unless I missed something, it's interesting that they didn't mention anything about AV or the Wall of Justice. =o

Trial Member since 3/21/2008
    Posting Dynamis Lord
    That will be a long wait for my gil ; ;