Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gears of War

Gears of War

Anyone who has an xbox 360 and does not have this game yet, get off your ass.

If you don't have a 360 and you were just looking for a reason to get one... this is it.

The controls may be a tad tricky at first, but it doesn't take much time until everything is flawless.

And trust me, everything in this game is flawless. The graphics are by far the best i have ever seen on a console game. There were times as i played through the first time where i died because i stopped in the middle of a firefight just to look around.

Don't even get me started on the firefights in this game. There are so many processes going on that it is a miracle the game never lags or glitches. You can actually see bullets fly pass and embed themselves into walls by your head, throwing debree in front of your face.

Some may be daunted by what they have heard about this game. I am sure many of you have read that you have to take cover throughout the entire game, there is no running and gunning wildly, and have been turned off by this fact. As far as i am concerned, it is a hell of a lot more fun an chaotic when youre blindly firing over a barricade, or popping out a few seconds here and there to pop off a few rounds as a hail of gunfire comes your way.

I am sorry, i can barely be coherent when talking about this game because it blows my --->MIND<---

I can't even talk about this game without wanting to play it... i have never loved a game so much... oh God i need to play...

and the chainsaw bayonet... oh God... i dont want to be at work anymore.....

Gears of War.. get it now ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;
    Nonconglomerate I mean what I say
    Im not your fucking scape
    goat apparently I've alienated some
    It seems my job's half done

At any moment, do what we might, a belligerent black man could throw a spear in our collective face

is this that mech warrior game? cause i saw something about that on tv, and the graphics were impressive

gears looks rly cool. eb pushed it hard cuz we had a collectors edition exclusive to eb. im still prolly gonna aim for a ps3 first cuz i rly wanna play that new gundam game, among other stuff. i do have a dream to get all 3 consoles one day tho.
    Leathercraft Veteran 100+3 Clothcraft Journeyman 60.0+1
    BLM75 RNG75 WAR75 DRG67 BRD65
    Droppin' Bombz Since 2004 Drinkin' Hypnotiq with Mog ΑΦΩ

So far away we wait for the day,
    For the light source so wasted and gone;
    We feel the pain of a lifetime lost in a thousand days-
    Through the fire and the flames we carry on!

Quote Originally Posted by Bartuc
    You're so goddamnned pathetic if someone put you in the rain next to a one-eyed, 3-legged puppy with terminal cancer, passers-by would cry and take *you* home, but at least they wouldn't have to spend much on you since dog food is your favorite, after all.

Tyler is offline Aggro-chan himself Posting Dynamis Lord
    expensive dream o_o;;

is this that mech warrior game? cause i saw something about that on tv, and the graphics were impressive
    Mechwarrior game?....

eh...

no, no it is not a mech warrior game...

you tube it or something...

nevermind....

I plan to get a Wii and PS3 too... i'll probably wait to get the ps3 though, at least until MGS and Gran Turismo get a little closer.... only thing at launch that looks ok is Resistance... otherwise everything is cross-platform.

At any moment, do what we might, a belligerent black man could throw a spear in our collective face

i don't mean "Mech Warrior" the title, but i meant is it the one with the armor suits and whatnot. OR is it that one with the commercial where the dude jumps through a window and gets attacked by the giant spider?

Claymoore is offline Who is that girl? She's kind of cute ;) ....waaait a second >.< Posting Dynamis Lord
    Debris*
    @xxx[>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Why switch .dats to make your character a female when 2 hours in the bathroom gives you the same effect IRL?

yes it's the one with the giant spider and the donnie darco song in the background. i'm to poor to buy a 360 but i heard the game is amazing D:
    over it got a 9.6 rating from gamespot
    http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/acti...ar/review.html

Zumi is offline I totally want to tank Genbu in a wedding dress <3 Posting Dynamis Lord
    I got a Xbox360 but I don't really care for shooters that much so I wouldn't be getting this game.

Debris*
    Haha, thanks Clay. I was typing this during a meeting with my boss, so i was only paying about 99% attention to it

Claymoore is offline Who is that girl? She's kind of cute ;) ....waaait a second >.< Posting Dynamis Lord
    Anytime Björn <3
    @xxx[>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Why switch .dats to make your character a female when 2 hours in the bathroom gives you the same effect IRL?

Ydsm,

err

Yes, Gears of War is amazing. A worker's been bringing in his Xbox to play during breaks/lunch/breaks/2nd&3rd lunch etc. Yeah the graphics are nice. But the gameplay is fucking AWESOME.

One of the major selling points of the game is an active duck & cover/jump/dodge/run/peek/quickshot system that all uses a single button. The learning curve for the game is literally 5-10 minutes, or the equivalent of 1 or 2 rounds of a match. Literally. Just awesome!

Oh and as mentioned above: CHAINSAW!
    "And remember, nothing says 'Good Job!' like a firm, open-palm slap on the behind!"

One of the major selling points of the game is an active duck & cover/jump/dodge/run/peek/quickshot system that all uses a single button. The learning curve for the game is literally 5-10 minutes, or the equivalent of 1 or 2 rounds of a match. Literally. Just awesome!

Oh and as mentioned above: CHAINSAW!
    Yes!!! I forgot to mention the whole one button thing. And the learning curve!

I LOVE THIS GAME AHHHHHHHHHHHH.... I have already gone through it twice, and i am working on my third time through <_>

Oh yea, and at any time while playing through the campaign, you can invite someone to play co-op. That is a hell of a lot of fun, plus it makes going through the game on hardcore and insane difficulties a little easier.

Oh, and Lef, i am not an xbox fanboy or anything, by any means, but right now it would be smartest to invest in a 360. I cant see any overwhelming draw to get a PS3 anytime in its first year of its release.

360 has great games like Call of Duty 2, Saints Row, Dead Rising, Ghost Recon, Enchanted Arms, Splinter Cell, and of course Gears of War, already out for it. Plus games soon to come such as Rainbow Six Vegas, Mass Effect, Assassins Creed, Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon (both RPGs from Hironobu Sakaguchi), Kane and Lynch, and of course Viva Pinata <_>. (I know a few of those are cross platform). A lot of these are shooters, but there are some quality non-shooters there, and while the RPG markets remains week, Enchanted arms is quite fun, and Mystwalker studios promises some hopefully classic games.

The only games i see on PS3 i want to play aren't going to be out for quite some time. MGS.. Gran Turismo... maybe resistance FOM... FFXIII? God knows when that will come out. There are some cool games i wouldn't mind trying, but nothing to warrant me droppin the cash right away... In a years time they will be more abundant, less bug-ridden, they will have caught most/all hardware defects, and most importantly there will hopefully be more quality games. Until then ill spend my cash on 360 games, and maybe a Wii.

i havent rly looked at the launch stuff and upcoming stuff much yet but im not gonna lose sleep over the fact i dont got a PS3 on friday. im prolly not gonna get anything till early next year. if i get picked to stay on working at EB as a full time employee(im just a temporary holiday employee) then ill be making more money and can hopefully afford sumthing.

You're so goddamnned pathetic if someone put you in the rain next to a one-eyed, 3-legged puppy with terminal cancer, passers-by would cry and take *you* home, but at least they wouldn't have to spend much on you since dog food is your favorite, after all.

Zumi is offline I totally want to tank Genbu in a wedding dress <3 Posting Dynamis Lord
    If I don't get a PS3 on Friday ill be a little dissapointed but most of the games I really want for it won't comeout for while anyway so I can live with that. I just hate having wasted my time going to the store. I am going to try 2 stores that are close to eachother. All those Ebay scalpers make it so hard to get one.

Resistance is finalized (by the team in San Jose), so it'll be out soon. It's nothing like Gears of War, but it has some nice story and gameplay nonetheless.

Don't forget to target the crab boss' weak point!
    "And remember, nothing says 'Good Job!' like a firm, open-palm slap on the behind!"

i played gears last night. it was better than i thought. first lvl i played was sum lvl where we had to fight our way into sum house and then fight out way out to get to an apc. the fight into the house was incredible. we had to fight thru courtyards with ppl on machines and ppl running around hiding behind tombstone things. it doesnt take long at all to get used to the controls. during the first firefight the guys that brought the 360 down to the basement(we were playing halo down there b4 they brought gears) said i was pretty good at gears. id actually get a 360 just for gears if i had the money personally. if you have a friend, and if they play video games in any capacity, get gears of war. the multiplayer co-op is so fucking worth it. its btr than halo or halo 2 multiplayer. ive played both halo and halo 2 and im pretty damn good at both; gears of war is btr than halo or halo 2 with just a multiplayer co-op. nvr ever played the standard multiplayer for all i know gears doesnt have a multiplayer btr than co-op.

gears is the best multiplayer game, ever. none of this running around wildly in firefights gunning down stupid bots. these guys are smart and good. i dont even wanna play halo anymore after playing this lol.

Lef, the multiplayer is just as good. Its only 4 on 4, and while most people think that may suck, it definitely does not. There are only 3 games types right now, warzone, assassination, and execution. Execution is my favorite... its similar to a death match (warzone), except once you kill someone they lay on the ground bleeding out. In order to get the kill, you have to run up and chainsaw or curb stomp them... its fucking great.

The Co-op level you did is actually close to then end of the game, and yes, the mansion is a shit load of fun. Also, were you playing on casual.. if so try it on hardcore next time. Its a lot more fun imo.

And btw... did you try the chainsaw? XD XD XD

we did that on casual cuz it was the first lvl i played but tried everything else on the middle difficulty. i think the game is more fun on harder difficulties than easy. and the chainsaw is cool. me and my partner killed a lot of enemies by both chainsawing them. i got a lotta solo kills that way its kick ass. sniping is pretty cool too. its sorta like halo in that you can see the vapor trail left by the bullet. graphics are real nice too. i like how when you reload the chaingun(the chainsaw gun thing) you see the heat rising off the barrel and it distorts the image on the screen. kinda like looking at heat rising off the street on a hot day how it distorts the backround a bit. THAT is pretty hot. the way the bad guys die is hot too. they just get really fucked up in firefights and die in all kinds of realistic positions if there is much left of them at all.

they just get really fucked up in firefights and die in all kinds of realistic positions if there is much left of them at all.
    Haha, yea, its great. I love sniping. Aim up with the longshot and watch their heads explode. It is so gd satisfying. Have you gotten to use the Torque Bow yet?

i picked it up and shot it at a wall just to see how its like but nvr used it against anybody. i have seen it used on ppl tho. i prefer the chaingun over most things. i was such a bad shot with the sniping rifle in this game. they dodge the fire much much btr than any halo or any other fps ive played. they duck just as i fire or strafe left and right constantly they nvr move in the same direction long. only time i get head shots is when the big dudes with the rocket launchers come out(even they arent easy sumtimes) or when the enemy ducks behind cover to reload. firefights are about as realistic as i would image real firefights are.

You also have to try tagging someone with a grenade... start the swing and approach your enemy to melee range, then hit the melee button. You will stick the grenade into them, and you can back away to watch the fun ensue.

Saints Row is bullshit

Grenades are bullshit
    Code:
    while (food && awake) {
    mob = xp_party.puller().pull();
    xp_party.kill(mob);

}