Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The History of BurningCosmossss - 2 Years Old!! (Wrong, 3! (Holy crap, 4!))

The History of BurningCosmossss - 2 Years Old!! (Wrong, 3! (Holy crap, 4!))

That's right folks! Our proud and illustrious linkshell hit 2 years old this past week!

This is kind of going to be my own ramblings about how the linkshell came to be. There will be lots of stories from my point of view, and I warn you, it may be boring to some people!! However, others I am sure will find this to be fascinating, and to them I hope they enjoy this thread!! Also, anyone with stories or pictures of the linkshell over the past two years are more than welcome to share them!!

So without further adeu...

----------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER 1 - THE FORMATION

We have had a lot happen to us the past two years. We have many people here new to the linkshell! They deserve to know how the linkshell was formed, and how it came to become the most accomplished English speaking linkshell on the Phoenix server!!

To begin the story of BC, we must tell the story of Mogophiles, the proud purple linkshell!! Many of you have probably never heard of Mogophiles before, but you probably have seen several Mogo pearls wander by in the past. Mogophiles was started by a player named Coraan (also known as Joe, you can occasionally see him playing on Orochinagi these days) late December, 2003. He is a high school buddy of mine, and we decided we wanted to play the game together under our own linkshell. From there I invited Harmonia and Carmisse to the game to join the linkshell as well as a few others, we were a small group of friends who knew each other on the internet before playing the game. Kasin also joined the linkshell as Fatcat, which he later scrapped to remake into Peachfuzz because he didn't like being an Elvaan.

Over the years we developed a static party to level to 75. It was the best static party ever, and consisted of RDM (Carmisse), WHM (Harmonia), PLD (Rayj), DRG (Freja), DRK (Coraan), and THF (Peachfuzz).

As we approached 75, we began thinking of our HNM carreers. We refused to be separated, but knew that no HNM linkshell out there was likely to invite all 6 of us at once. By this time, two former WildSeven members quit that linkshell and joined Mogophiles to play with us. Those two were Twizz and Shizune. Peachfuzz has also leveled his NIN to 75 in the meantime, and joined Genesis because we couldn't kill the NMs he wanted to fight at our lower levels.

Shizune told us about a friend of his from his old HNMing days that was starting a Taiwanese HNM linkshell, and they were looking to recruit. The night we all hit level 69 on our static (during late November, 2004), there was a sky run tryout for that linkshell. The shell name was called Mission, but they were going to rename it after officially remaking it on January 1st, 2005.

That night's sky run was the craziest thing I have ever seen up until that point in the game. In retrospec it was a horrible run. We had nearly 40 people show up, I believe. Each god was fought by rotating melees in and out to spirits within, or SATA weapon skill, then dropping again. Each god took nearly 10 minutes to kill, if I remember. It was total chaos, but I fell in love with the HNM world that night. What was great was that Mission was going to invite all of us to their NA branch of the linkshell. We could stay together!

Our night with Mission:

Dragoon the Spirits Within whore!!

For more images, go see http://www.burningcosmossss.com/freja/2007twoyear/hunt/

The next month or so, we made it our purpose to get the static up to level 75 so we could contribute well to the HNM linkshell. Once January 1st rolled around, though, we heard nothing. We weren't sure if they forgot about us, or if they simply changed their minds about bringing in NA players. However, some of us were mad at being overlooked like that.

It was then that we began to toy around with the idea of making our own HNM linkshell. What if it could be done? All we wanted was to do sky events, really. We began our forray into the HNM world officially by starting with camping Simurgh! Our main competition at the time was Genesis, as gilsellers haven't really begun to monopolize HNMs yet. We camped it for a little bit over a week, dominating the majority of the pulls. We also got 2 strider boots to drop, and gave one to Shizune and one to Twizz!! Although we did camp under the Mogophiles banner, it was at this time that our dreams to create our own linkshell really began to build momentum, due to our massive Simurgh success!! We really began to grow in our own confidence.

This has become a theme for our linkshell. If there's one thing we've always had an abundance of in the past, it was confidence!

Harmonia was going to be the sackholder of the new linkshell, with myself, Carmisse, Shizune, and Twizz being the other leaders.

So we began to talk about what we were going to name our linkshell. Some notable suggestions included "LessThanThree", "RockSalt", "MongolianChopSquad", and "OpoOpoMonkeyClan". Back then Shizune liked to talk about some really cheesy anime called Saint Seiya, which included a line some character would say while powering up or something. He made this line into his weapon skill macro, so whenever he did a WS we would see in party chat "Is Your Cosmos Burning?? Q_Q" We decided to be fools and use that as our linkshell name in the end, being BurningCosmos. However, for some strange reason, the name BurningCosmos has already been taken. So Harmonia named it BurningCosmosss, because BurningCosmoss just looked like a typo. The third s gave it attitude!!

Thus our linkshell was created and named during the last week of January! Our first unofficial camp under the BC banner was one of our last Simurgh camps ever. We decided to break out the new pearl to give our comeptition a taste of what was to come!!

I remember discussing what we were going to do about getting more members. It was obvious that Mogophiles alone wasn't going to have enough people to support an entire HNM linkshell. Mogophiles was a social shell after all, and a good portion of the ls was still far too underleveled to take part in end game. We did however have a good number of Mogophiles people come over. Harmonia, Freja, Carmisse, Coraan, Juma, Rayj, Shizune, Twizz, Shiromori, and Slyvar to name a few.

So we began scouting around. I started first by reaching out to my friends over at the CrazyEightyEight linkshell, where I was friends with Beorn and Lefiel. Through them we got some of our best members: Lefiel, Beorn, Bartuc, Ayther, Tyree, Rafride, and Claymoore, though we did have to beg Clay to join us.

On Shizune's end, he reached out to a lot of his old JP connections, and brought in Tamburello, Vanity, Kouta, Fleija, and Satine. He also stole a few members from other HNM linkshells, like Uruki from Fury, and Zumi from Dawn. Shizune stealing other linkshell members became a theme over the next few years. Valus also came over to us.

When we had enough to begin, we started by going straight after Genbu. Our very first sky run we had the items to pop for both Genbu and Suzaku, but we decided at first to simply do Genbu because the more experienced hunters like Valus didn't think we were ready to take on Suzaku.

However, once again our confidence took place. We kicked Genbu's ass, and we had the means to pop Suzaku. There was no way we were going home without at least trying!!

Booya.

Thus ended the first ever official BC event. It was a tremendous success, and we were so god damn happy.

I will continue the story a little bit later, my eyes are starting to get a little bit tired. If you have stories and/or pictures to share over the past two years, feel free to do so!!

EDIT: Adding links to future chapters.

Click for Chapter 2!

Click for Chapter 3!

Click for Chapter 4!
    Last edited by freja; 04-29-2007 at 01:17 PM.

Izzy is offline go summon a sandwich so you can gain some weight FAG Posting Dynamis Lord
    god i love this stuff ahahha

I still can't believe our pearl used to look so red. ; ;

oh my god lol

so nostalgic

mogophiles represent!

New York Museum of Natural History - Subbasement
    c88 represent ;;!

Claymoore is offline Who is that girl? She's kind of cute ;) ....waaait a second >.< Posting Dynamis Lord
    C88 gooooo~

And yeah i said no at first when Jin asked me to join, cause i didnt want to join a 3rd LS when i was sackholder in 2 already.
    I took the sackholder job wayyy too seriously
    @xxx[>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Why switch .dats to make your character a female when 2 hours in the bathroom gives you the same effect IRL?

i was the only blm they had at the beginning and an ELVAAN AT THAT. EAT ME you tarus but seriously hahah its been 2 years it doesnt feel like it ;;.
    Leathercraft Veteran 100+3 Clothcraft Journeyman 60.0+1
    BLM75 RNG75 WAR75 DRG67 BRD65
    Droppin' Bombz Since 2004 Drinkin' Hypnotiq with Mog ΑΦΩ

So far away we wait for the day,
    For the light source so wasted and gone;
    We feel the pain of a lifetime lost in a thousand days-
    Through the fire and the flames we carry on!

Quote Originally Posted by Bartuc
    You're so goddamnned pathetic if someone put you in the rain next to a one-eyed, 3-legged puppy with terminal cancer, passers-by would cry and take *you* home, but at least they wouldn't have to spend much on you since dog food is your favorite, after all.

wow, crazy... i've been in the ls already for 8 months O_O and my post count is more than double what it was in 13's forums in a year and a half!

I started first by reaching out to my friends over at the CrazyEightyEight linkshell, where I was friends with Beorn and Lefiel. Through them we got some of our best members: Lefiel, Beorn, Bartuc, Ayther, Tyree, Rafride, and Claymoore, though we did have to beg Clay to join us.
    Ah yes, the good ole days. I loved that LS. And i am pretty sure it has to be the only ls ever started by two galkas.

And you forgot the best member that came form C88.....Neosutra!!!! (why i ever let him join c88 i really dont know!)

Anyway, mad love for my c88 crew yo!

P.S. Oh and you remember how you had to beg clay to join, but do you remember how i had to beg you to let Ayther join? lol. "We dont really need a samurai <_>" =P
    Nonconglomerate I mean what I say
    Im not your fucking scape
    goat apparently I've alienated some
    It seems my job's half done

At any moment, do what we might, a belligerent black man could throw a spear in our collective face

Hahaha yeah, good times.

Ayther has all but vanished these days. I miss her ;_;

Anyway, Chapter 2 coming later today in the afternoon or evening, when I get off my lazy butt to write it!!

she's doing her school shit!!

rofl i remember arguing with neo about religion on c88.. what an arrogrant prick ... so nosy~

anyway i like leave for a weekend and come back and he has a bc pearl and i flipped a SHIET

what a loser lol

THEN when i was about to kick him he dropped pearl! smart but i wanted to break his pearl!#)@*(@)!#

i still have his pics with the convo ^^/

Quote Originally Posted by Carmi View Post

rofl i remember arguing with neo about religion on c88.. what an arrogrant prick ... so nosy~

anyway i like leave for a weekend and come back and he has a bc pearl and i flipped a SHIET

what a loser lol

THEN when i was about to kick him he dropped pearl! smart but i wanted to break his pearl!#)@*(@)!#

oooh... post!!! Do it in members onry chat though <_>.

And yea i argued with him a lot about religion, and it just usually ended with him telling me i am resposible for all wars because i believe in God, and that i am stupid Q_Q.
    Extremely scientific and well thought out arguments

At any moment, do what we might, a belligerent black man could throw a spear in our collective face

Wow, good stuff.
    Fobulous!
    75 - BLM,SMN,THF,DRK,SAM,PLD,MNK,WAR,NIN,BLU

Izzy is offline go summon a sandwich so you can gain some weight FAG Posting Dynamis Lord

what a loser lol

thank jin for that lightbulb that was neosutra in BC

sweet i totally forgot this is in general chat for all to see!!!

cue in neo to come post here ^^

boner: thus is the life of all conversations with atheists and religion-based people!

atheist's that preach it to others are just as bad as the Christians that do...

ayth is back in school about now so thats why she isnt being awesome online.
    Leathercraft Veteran 100+3 Clothcraft Journeyman 60.0+1
    BLM75 RNG75 WAR75 DRG67 BRD65
    Droppin' Bombz Since 2004 Drinkin' Hypnotiq with Mog ΑΦΩ

So far away we wait for the day,
    For the light source so wasted and gone;
    We feel the pain of a lifetime lost in a thousand days-
    Through the fire and the flames we carry on!

Quote Originally Posted by Bartuc
    You're so goddamnned pathetic if someone put you in the rain next to a one-eyed, 3-legged puppy with terminal cancer, passers-by would cry and take *you* home, but at least they wouldn't have to spend much on you since dog food is your favorite, after all.

I totally remember the first time we ran into BC up in sky and everyone was like "WHO is this gay pink LS???" And I was thinking I dunno I kinda like the color...And then jin sent me a tell asking something about Despot do you remember that jin? That was the first time I really met you! Ahhh memories! Now I'm the only one left from the Genesis recruits wah ;;
    Anyway gogo BC! (I woulda liked MongolianChopSquad better though!)

boner: thus is the life of all conversations with atheists and religion-based people!
    Jea, i've experienced it quite a lot. I tend to wear my heart out on my sleeve.

Ironically i had an extremely deep conversation with an atheist at the bar last night. It never got to the "Omg your stupid, you like flying spaghetti monsters lolz!!!" stage, which was nice for a change.

When someone resorts to petty insults and mockery, they lose every shred of credibility to me.

ANYWAYZ before i derail the topic

Real BC history:

Born when boner joined -> Harm yelled at me for not wearing BC pearl during events -> everyone marveled at my sheer awesomitude -> Boner quit -> BC started to die -> Boner rejoined -> BC breathed new life -> everyone marveled at my sheer awesomitude -> Boner quit -> BC started to die -> Boner rejoined -> BC breathed new life -> everyone marveled at my sheer awesomitude -> Boner quit -> BC started to die -> Boner rejoined -> BC breathed new life -> everyone marveled at my sheer awesomitude -> Boner quit -> BC started to die -> Boner rejoined -> BC breathed new life -> Boner quit for the final time -> BC entered a dark abyss never to return

Thats really it in a nutshell.

Quote Originally Posted by Boner View Post
    "Omg your stupid, you like flying spaghetti monsters lolz!!!"
    lol, "I will destroy the time child and eat his entrails on my tummy!"

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
    atheist's that preach it to others are just as bad as the Christians that do...
    oh, and completely agree here. i don't give a flying fuck what you think about my beliefs so i'm going to assume you feel the same way

Shiromori is offline forget the wyrms, pumpkin head = #1 killer of BC members Posting Suzaku
    I had to dig a little bit to find these screenshots:

Notable ones -

Long live team beta!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shi041020213953a.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	21.9 KB 
ID:	548

Orc Overlord - the "HNM" that made us say we can take on the world!

Name:	Shi041211235443a.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	17.5 KB 
ID:	551

The first mogophiles/BC christmas?

Name:	Shi041218205237a.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	28.5 KB 
ID:	552

The group sitting in sky. weeee unleet gear D:

Name:	Shi050129191233a.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	19.0 KB 
ID:	553

Our first kirin...

Name:	Shi050311233924a.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	25.1 KB 
ID:	554

hahaha, i remember drunkenfist, he was my buddy!

first time i saw BC was in sky. Dawn was popping Despot and BC was on their way somewhere and Tati aggroed Despot. BC killed it and gave us the stone to avoid drama...3 weeks later i was in the ls...wtf.