Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Assault Area (03/01/2007)

New Assault Area (03/01/2007)

Hot damn.

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...02/detail.html

In the upcoming version update, we will be introducing the Nyzul Isle Assault area.
    The Nyzul Isle Assault area will challenge players with a dungeon that has a randomly generated layout--every floor will contain new opponents to battle, as well as new objectives to complete!

Development Concept

In the spirit of the Salvage area implemented in the December version update, we will be introducing more small-group content in the form of a randomly generated Assault area. In order to reach the highest level of this new Assault area, players will have to overcome various mechanisms and monsters, and contend with all manner of astonishing challenges.
    The development team is hard at work creating new content that will provide fresh, ever-changing enjoyment.

Participation

Players can sign up for the new Assault area missions at the Commissions Agency in Aht Urhgan Whitegate. Participation is restricted to the usual 3 to 6 members; however, players cannot choose to impose a level restriction for Nyzul Isle Assault missions. There are no requirements for participating in Nyzul Isle Assault missions other than being a registered mercenary.

Assault Mission Progression

The Nyzul Isle Assault area will be randomly generated as a series of "floors" every time you begin a mission. The basic progression consists of working towards the highest level of the area by completing the objective of each floor within the time limit. Objectives include goals such as the defeat of all monsters on a floor, the elimination of specific creatures, as well as various other challenges. We estimate that approximately 5 floors will be completed during a single attempt.

Recording Progress

When using the Rune of Transfer to exit the Nyzul Isle Assault area, it is possible to record the data of the highest floor you have reached (in blocks of 5 floors). Once this data has been recorded, you will be able to start again from this point, even if you have been ejected from the area due to, for example, an expired time limit.
    Starting from a recorded floor will require the use of "tokens" obtained within the Nyzul Isle Assault area. The further you progress, the more tokens you will need to begin the next block of floors. Players will require a substantial number of tokens in order to reach the highest floor of Nyzul Isle.
    *All participants will obtain tokens from a mission; however, only the person who operates the Rune of Transfer on the starting floor will receive the recorded data.

Rewards

Due to the special nature of Nyzul Isle, players will not receive Assault Points for missions completed in this area. However, you will have the chance to obtain items from the creatures that appear on each floor. Monsters from every corner of Vana'diel, including many powerful and ordinarily elusive Notorious Monsters, stalk the floors of Nyzul Isle. Triumph over these opponents and you may earn some truly rare and wonderful treasures!
    I see a Fafnir and a Behemoth there.

oh shit... nice...

This sounds awesome, but yet I'm so torn! Salvage! New Assaults... without AP! But... Salvage! Oh dear lord..

Quote Originally Posted by Scionith View Post
    I see a Fafnir and a Behemoth there.
    Due to the special nature of Nyzul Isle, players will not receive Assault Points for missions completed in this area. However, you will have the chance to obtain items from the creatures that appear on each floor. Monsters from every corner of Vana'diel, including many powerful and ordinarily elusive Notorious Monsters, stalk the floors of Nyzul Isle. Triumph over these opponents and you may earn some truly rare and wonderful treasures!
    lol sup

The whole recorded data and token thing is kind of confusing. And I'm hoping it doesn't require tags to do, otherwise it'd be just too much contention with AP assaults and salvage. Especially if they add new assault ranks like I think they were going to.

Then again, as long as I rank up to whatever level of assault rank they add. And I'm only doing 1-2 Salvage runs a week, that means I only need 2-3 tags to farm AP each week and the rest I could use on Nyzul Isle. It's certainly possible to be doing both, but if I wanted any AP items, it'd be completely impossible after this.

Quitting job and coming back to play brb.

So you have to fight those guys with 6 only Q_Q;;;;;;; GG PLD

It's funny that a Soulflayer NM scares me a lot more than a Nidhogg or KB. Way more than a Nidhogg. Pretty much any NM that can be slept, can be manaburned. And they'll lower the max HP on those NMs for the time and people constraints, I wouldn't be surprised if 6 AM IIs couldn't one shot some of them.

Dude, its SE. They will probably make some of the floors impossible unless you have the most dynamic party they can think of.... oh? BLM BLM BLM BLM BLM BRD. This could be really cool... or it could be M___________M;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; I hope its good, maybe will end the need for ground drama and botting LS.

New York Museum of Natural History - Subbasement
    They need to just add an assault where it zooms to an overhead view of your characters and you hack n slash through it Zelda-style.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartuc View Post
    They need to just add an assault where it zooms to an overhead view of your characters and you hack n slash through it Zelda-style.
    Only if it lets us insert quarters to add health.

Zumi is offline I totally want to tank Genbu in a wedding dress <3 Posting Dynamis Lord
    I was expecting that they would give you AP for this area.

This is quite an interesting development. We'll see how it pans out though. There's always a giant crab waiting to poke your eye out in every gift horses mouth when it comes to Square/Enix.

Quote Originally Posted by Square Enix
    Perhaps if we built a giant wooden badger...
    True story.

If this turns out good, and people actually spend a fair amount of time farming these new 'assaults' the assault only gear might actually end up being useful.

Like http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/8148 or http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/8280 or http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/8261 or http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/8270 or http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/8293 or http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/8281 or
    http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/8269

And maybe some of the weapons.

Scytale is offline Protected by topless brownies ( . Y . ) Posting Dynamis Lord
    ugh, time to waste time and AP on storm fife then

Izzy is offline go summon a sandwich so you can gain some weight FAG Posting Dynamis Lord
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 1 characters. OK FINE FU BC FORUM HERE'S SOME CHARACTERS FOR YOu USDKLJFHSDKJLSDF

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/1520/detail.html

Starting March 8, 2007, players will be able to create new characters on the World of their choice. Up until now, Worlds would be randomly assigned to characters upon their creation, while only players with World Passes could join their friends. However, with this new adjustment, all players, even ones without World Passes, will have the option to select their realm at the character selection screen.

Originally, the World Pass system was introduced to maintain a balance among all the Worlds and prevent overpopulation. However, with the continued stablization of each World's adventurer community and recent technical advances in server technology, it has been determined that allowing players to create new characters on Worlds of their choice would not greatly affect the current population balance.

In conjunction with this change, we have updated the character creation screen to include a new pull-down window from which players can select the World of their choice. Also, additional characters added to an account will no longer be automatically assigned to the same World as the first character. Players will be free to choose where they wish that new character to reside, be it the same World, or a completely different one.

Finally, the development team is continuing their work on World selection by making preparations for a new service that will allow players to move their characters to different Worlds. Please keep a close watch on the Topics page for further updates on this exciting feature.

*While all World Passes will become void after March 8, 2007, Gold World Passes will continue to be distributed to players who wish to purchase them. Any adventurers who would like to invite their friends to Vana'diel can still utilize the Gold World Pass feature and take advantage of the special benefits this unique system has to offer.
    I didn't see any other topics yet so here goes.

wooooooooow that's pretty wild

Tyler is offline Aggro-chan himself Posting Dynamis Lord
    omg

"<lsmember1>shit we missed claim on fafnir
    <jin> jps suck my dick and then told me that fafnir on (Random Server) is in 15 mins!
    <ls> lolz lets go!"

You guys aren't worth the dollar to pay for a new character.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    omg

"<lsmember1>shit we missed claim on fafnir
    <jin> jps suck my dick and then told me that fafnir on (Random Server) is in 15 mins!
    <ls> lolz lets go!"
    yeah I hope the server hop thing is very limited, like... 1 week waiting period if you want to switch, and like 3 months to switch back to a server you left or some crap. But that still would make things like stealing stuff and hopping ship right after more common.

Also people may use it to get their name changed too.

From a business strategy stand point, everything this update shouts that FFXI is failing to attract new players and existing players are quitting in frustration at items that are near impossible to achieve or get. Increasing ease of access both to worlds (precluding the merger of smaller servers) and (IF) the ground NM's drop shit in assault......

SE is cheapening themselves like the whores they are, and every two bit, hax ridden, incompetent LS will be running around with top eq. After all, behind all the cool electronic pixels, it's all about money!

Sad to see, I guess they don't remember there high and mighty speaches about the need to maintain game balance during the peak of FFXI (damn liars)

storm give us a million bucks now!

New York Museum of Natural History - Subbasement
    every two bit, hax ridden, incompetent LS will be running around with top eq.
    I think it's been that way for a while now Q_Q

Quote Originally Posted by Stormweaver View Post

SE is cheapening themselves like the whores they are, and every two bit, hax ridden, incompetent LS will be running around with top eq.
    How is that different from now? Have you seen some of the people with A/E Body lately? Krypto, Iskillyou, Lavitts, etc.
    I doubt they will actually have the new assault area drop Three Kings items, though but if they make it easier to get that stuff without botting then that's great.