Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: June Update soon!

June Update soon!

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...65/detail.html

New rank = new IS items = good stuff.

Here's to hoping for a blau dolch type katana!

There's been some other little things announced already, like the chocobos at other crags blah blah. And all this stuff http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/event/sep2007/

Ohh.

When will new methods for obtaining abjurations be implemented? What new methods are in the works?The next version update will feature a new method for obtaining the items in questions. We cannot comment on that method yet.

<3 and I can finally get Suppa! Picked Abyssal and subsequently tossed it a year later.

Its nice to see SE is making the right improvements and that the game is improving, though making everything easier like CoP after we all went through the difficult times maybe doesn't help. Difficulty is good, but not to the point where it isn't worth doing, which I don't think CoP was to the point where it wasn't worth doing so....

Difficulty in CoP made it worth it towards the end. The rewards are awesome; who can disbute the tav ring, the lv30 CoP rings, the earrings, the obis, the torques, novio/novia, etcetc (list goes on) sucked? It's good that people sucked it up and tried multiple times to go through missions. Now they just make it easy like zilart AND you get exp! (wtf)

YAY for changing the Zilart earring tho!!! LS EVENT : GET CARM SUPPA LOLOL TO LALOFF WE GO!

WHOO UPDATE WHOO! You do make a valid point Carmi, I think they should keeo the difficulty the way it is just because of all the rewards you get at the end when you actually complete the CoP storyline. Many people have done it so why they change it now. It's not like it's impossible to do. Though I will agree on them changing Prommies, those were the only things that were like OMGWTFBBQKITTENS hard, at least getting up to the damn spire.

I think the problem with promies was that you had to have a somewhat specific group to finish them. It was very difficult to do otherwise. Fortunately, at the time I did the promies (before i was even level 65 i think), I had whm, rdm, blm at level to do them.

Yeah that was a problem, but I though the most annoying part was getting through that goddamn place, you got aggro everywhere, big groups almost always died, and you spent like 2hrs getting through the zone, reached the spire, fought the thing and died. If you didn't have a Reraise or you didn't have another person outside party to raise, you were screwed and all it ended up doing was frustrating you to the point of giving up on the damn prommies.

Quote Originally Posted by Carmi View Post
    Difficulty in CoP made it worth it towards the end. The rewards are awesome; who can disbute the tav ring, the lv30 CoP rings, the earrings, the obis, the torques, novio/novia, etcetc (list goes on) sucked? It's good that people sucked it up and tried multiple times to go through missions. Now they just make it easy like zilart AND you get exp! (wtf)

YAY for changing the Zilart earring tho!!! LS EVENT : GET CARM SUPPA LOLOL TO LALOFF WE GO!
    *dispute

And yeah I'm glad so many people are finally able to toss their earrings! I am going to keep the Bushinomimi though cause I'm gay like that.

fu

I hope they don't just limit that to zilart earrings, I'd like to be able to know I could trade in any of my 'one-time decision' earrings/rings sometime if I got sick of my current jobs.

75WAR/75RNG/75RDM/75NIN- <3 Alythira. XD

Zumi is offline I totally want to tank Genbu in a wedding dress <3 Posting Dynamis Lord
    Unless they make it so you have to trade your old one in to get a new one then tossing it can be really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by freja View Post
    *dispute

And yeah I'm glad so many people are finally able to toss their earrings! I am going to keep the Bushinomimi though cause I'm gay like that.
    You know you've always longed for the Beastly earring.

if you gotta exchange your current earring for a new one then that sucks i like my abyssal drk magic skill ftw.
    Leathercraft Veteran 100+3 Clothcraft Journeyman 60.0+1
    BLM75 RNG75 WAR75 DRG67 BRD65
    Droppin' Bombz Since 2004 Drinkin' Hypnotiq with Mog ΑΦΩ

So far away we wait for the day,
    For the light source so wasted and gone;
    We feel the pain of a lifetime lost in a thousand days-
    Through the fire and the flames we carry on!

Quote Originally Posted by Bartuc
    You're so goddamnned pathetic if someone put you in the rain next to a one-eyed, 3-legged puppy with terminal cancer, passers-by would cry and take *you* home, but at least they wouldn't have to spend much on you since dog food is your favorite, after all.

Einherjar (05/28/2007)

A new, massively multiplayer battlefield is in the works for the upcoming version update.
    The following is a brief outline on the new, multi-faceted feature:

Concept
    Einherjar is an ever-changing multiplayer battlefield based in the Hazhalm Training Grounds. Because the monsters appearing in the dungeons will differ with each visit, a balanced party consisting of skilled, high-level players is recommended to clear these challenging missions.

Participation
    6 to 36 players, level 60 and above, can enter each chamber of the Hazhalm Testing Grounds. An item similar to the hourglass used for Dynamis will allow parties to reserve one of the multiple areas, and will be required for entry. No previous Aht Urhgan missions need to be completed before participating.

Battles
    After a party chooses a room, they will have 30 minutes to wipe out all the enemies before being teleported back out of the area. This time limit cannot be extended. Each area consists of a large room filled with several weak monsters, and one powerful boss monster. Parties must eliminate all the monsters in the area for the mission to be considered complete. Clearing all the chambers will grant players access to the final area where they will finally learn the secrets that lie deep in the bowels of Hazhalm.

Rewards
    An Assault-like system is planned, where points earned in the Training Grounds can be used to purchase various items. The monsters lurking within Hazhalm will also drop rare items that cannot be obtained anywhere else in Vana'diel.
    Interesting, but no real new info than what they've already given. The update should be sometime next week though.

Yes, but will the timer be related to dynamis or is it separate like limbus/salvage??!?!?!

Probably separate.

Oh man if the uber dropz are going to ONLY BE pup/blu/cor AF2 then sigh lol.

Looking forward to the 12 hour update plus the emergency 4 hour mantainance after 1hr of play after that 12 hour update!!!!

SPIKE FLAIL 2X IN 1DAY OK

ooo sounds like fun!

Yes, but will the timer be related to dynamis or is it separate like limbus/salvage??!?!?!

Probably separate.

Oh man if the uber dropz are going to ONLY BE pup/blu/cor AF2 then sigh lol.

Looking forward to the 12 hour update plus the emergency 4 hour mantainance after 1hr of play after that 12 hour update!!!!
    They already said in a previous interview that the 'new endgame area' wasn't going to be a dynamis area. And the fact that it takes place in Hazhalm Training Grounds, not Dynamis-Nashmau pretty much means it won't be tied to Dynamis timers at all.

Also it didn't even seem like the new jobs would be getting their AF2 in this update.
    When will the "AF2" for the three new jobs be introduced? The date of implement still hasn't been decided. However, we don't feel Dynamis will part of the picture.
    But who knows what the access fee for this is going to be. I really hope it's not related to Assault tags again, those are stretched too thin as it is.

Yeah... so this is going to be a 36-man salvage?

this content actually looks cool.

Yeah... so this is going to be a 36-man salvage?
    Seems more Nyzul Isle-ish to me. Get points, clear floors, go to different floors, loot sometimes drops from NMs. But with a "Hourglass" type entrance. So it seems like it won't be AP or Assault tag based, unless they're cool and make the hourglasses like 10k AP.

The 6-36 people thing confuses me though. I guess Dynamis zones have no minimum entry number, but I'd like to know what a good number for this sort of thing is. Like are you SOL without at least 30? Or can you just kill the little weak things with 6 and farm up a bunch of points. Guess we'll find out.

I don't know, 6 seems ridiculous... 20 ish seems good to have people split up in different paths and kill/find out stuff as much as possible!

Already thinking about LS event for this type of dealio for exploring and funness. Unless of course ... yeah the 10k AP thing hahaha

I don't know how much splitting up will be needed. Although they've said the instances will be randomized, the way Hazhalm looks now is just a bunch of big empty-ish rooms. I don't know if they'll toss some walls in there or not though.

The 6 person minimum is probably to address the problems with limbus and dynamis of people trading glass solo or soloing or duoing limbus and cockblocking a lot of people.

Izzy is offline go summon a sandwich so you can gain some weight FAG Posting Dynamis Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus View Post
    The 6 person minimum is probably to address the problems with limbus and dynamis of people trading glass solo or soloing or duoing limbus and cockblocking a lot of people.
    They fixed instanced zones in ToAU so you can do the same zone at the same time.

For Limbus and Dynamis?